How do you fix things that you know are wrong with you?

I guess I have a hard time expressing my feelings. I have heard from 3 different people in the past month that tell me that they don't feel like I love them. A 4th said that the 1st time they met me they thought I was a bitch (which I have heard before) and their opinion has changed but I still feel bad that I put that sort of wall up around myself that people can not really know how I feel. A 5th asked if there was something wrong would I tell her and my honest answer was no. I guess I figure I can handle my own emotions and if something bothers me I just stick it under the rug so to speak and deal with it never or at a later date. I want to fix that part about me because regardless of how other people feel I love them. I am a caring person and never want anyone mad at me and if I get mad at someone I do not stay mad for long or at all. Do you just say how you feel regardless of others feelings? I normally say silent.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am the same as you. If someone did something wrong, most of the time I bite my tongue and move on. If I am hurt by someone, i hold it in until I am willing and ready to talk about it. My hubby in the other hand is the opposite, if someone did him wrong oh you bet you're gonna hear his mouth, if he's got an opinion about something, he will tell you. I've always been cautious of others feelings even if I don't get the same back. I just don't want to hurt people the way they do to me. When I want to be nasty or if I catch myself thinking negative about someone I take time off and think "happy thoughts" or ways that I could handle the situation better without speaking before thinking. I don't think is that there is anything wrong with you I think that is just your personality that's all. Maybe you have a different way of showing your emotions and your feelings, sometimes people just have to accept it.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have had that issue before too. I just try to be as honest as possible. I have heard in the past that I come off a little crude but that is usually because the person does not take the time to really get to know me. Once they learn me then they see that I am really a nice person. I used to be very much a doormat but once I gained self confidence then that is what people started saying. Just be yourself and allow people to get to know the real you.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010