HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF MY BABY IS ALRIGHT? OR STILL LIVING? WHAT IF I HAD A MISCARRIAGE? I HAVENT HAD ANY PAIN OR ANYTHING. IM JUST CURIOUS. AND I NEED TO KNOW.

I HAVE A QUESTION. IM A FIRST TIME MOMMY. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND ALL THEY DID WAS A URINE TEST TO CONFIRM MY PREGNANCY, BUT HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF MY BABY IS ALRIGHT? OR STILL LIVING? WHAT IF I HAD A MISCARRIAGE? I HAVENT HAD ANY PAIN OR ANYTHING. I JUST CURIOUS. AND I NEED TO KNOW. AND MY DOCTOR WONT SEE MY UNTIL MY MEDICAID IS ACTIVE AND I HAVE MY CARD WHICH I HAVENT GOTTEN IN MAIL YET.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 3:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• More than likely your baby is fine. The biggest mistake first time mothers do, is panic! If you are not experiencing cramping with bleeding and such, your baby is fine. Just stay calm and wait for your appointment. At 13 weeks, you are still very, very early.. and your unborn child is not considered a viable fetus within the medical community yet. Once you reach 20 weeks, it is considered a viable fetus. Just stay calm!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you just found out, haven't had any pain, bleeding then I would say you are fine. My doctors never saw me until I was 10 or so weeks along, how far along are you? If you start to have any awful pains or bleeding then call your doctor, they will see you.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• There are several signs to tell if you are miscarrying. One is bleeding. If it's heavier than spotting than you need to call your doctor or go to the ER. Two: You have cramping with that bleeding or cramping period. Cramping is a sign that you are miscarrying and sometimes you experience it before you start bleeding.

Those are the two most common signs, but unless the doctor does an Ultrasound than there's no way to tell for sure. Until then RELAX. If you worry yourself too much you'll stress yourself out and that will effect your pregnancy. So try to relax!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• 13 Weeks? Than I wouldn't worry. You're pretty much out of the woods after 12 weeks so the risk of you miscarrying is getting slim. RELAX. Take it easy. If you need to, go to a plan parenthood clinic have them check you out until your doctor can see you.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 3:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree as long as there is no pain or bleeding the babys more than likely fine and you'll be able to tell later when it starts kicking. take a deep breath and relax more than likely everything will turn out fine, congrats and good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• and they dont really hear a heart beat right away anyway baby is to small they can see that there is a baby but it dont look like much 20 weeks ull see the baby good and hear the heart beat really good just wait ull be so happy more then u are now
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How far along are you?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• IM 13 WEEKS!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• THANKS EVERYONE! I GUESS IM JUST ALIL NERVOUS BECUZ THIS IS MY FIRST BABY!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• DO U KNOW HOW MUCH IT IS AT PLANNED PARENTHOOD?? OR DO THEY TAKE MEDICAID??
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010