How far along were you when you chose your babies name? Was it an easy pick, or did you try out every name in the book?

And go ahead and post your babies names too, couldnt hurt, I need all the help I can get...hahaha :)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Baby Names

• Well, for a while, he was going to be named (Jack)son. I hadn't found a name I liked better. Then, when I was about 7 months along, but mom mentioned the name Cooper. I had never thought of it before. I've never known a Cooper, and I loved it immediately. More importantly, my husband also liked it, and he is VERY picky, so we decided on it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I knew my daughter would be a girl way before I had her. God placed the name "Hope" On my heart and two months later I conceived her, and told every one it was definitely a girl, and her name would be Hope.

The reason I picked her name " Hope: Is not thinking , or wishing something to happen, but expecting it to happen."

and from what God had placed on my heart, I expected her to be here.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We chose names at around 16 weeks. He was leaving for deployment and we wanted to have names chosen before he left. We went through quite a few, using a book and online searching. we chose Gavin Blake for a boy, Lylah Madelyn for a girl. We have Lylah Abigail (he changed his mond like 2 weeks before she was born and decided he didn't like Madelyn)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I had my 1st dds name picked out way before I was pregnant. her name is Nataleigh Marie. My 2nd dd I was 5 months. I had the name Brooklea Joy picked out but df wanted Halie Joy (pronounced like hayley). My soon-to-be son's name was picked out when I was about 5 1/2 months. It was going to be Cody Allen but we picked Maximus Ivan instead.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I browsed baby name websites and when I came across it I remembered I always liked it. So that was it. I just chose the slightly more unique spelling of it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• we had a short list for ea child when they were born. Until I saw the face we couldn't give them a name. My oldest we named as soon as he was born, my 2nd it took a day to name him, and my 3rd it took 3days!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We picked our baby names before i even knew i was preggo we picked a girl and boy name
    ProudWifey160

Answer by ProudWifey160 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We picked names around week 12 -14 just because I was a bit pushy. I wanted names done early so we could focus on the nursery and everything else. Though recently we changed one of the names. The just in case its a boy and the ultrasound was wrong name. We changed it because I found out that my brother and his girlfriend are going to name his kid the same first name. They are a month ahead of us.

Ariana Noelle
    Christopher Noel was the first boy's name
    Sebastian Noel is now the just in case name.
    Christopher Daniel (the name my brother is choosing for his kid)
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Now my son's name is Joseph, my husband picked it out, and he really didnt have reason behind except that he really really liked it..

Joseph also means: God will increase.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 3:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My husband and I had the name Emma Marie picked out when I was about 6 months and when my SIL found out she freaked because she said that was a name she had picked out from childhood and she was going to name her child that. So It took us a long time after to come up with a name with both liked. We lived off Savannah road and one day we were coming home and I just so happened to look up and said hey what about that. So we named her Savanna Marie (not sure how far long I was at that point) Now my Sil is pregnant (my daughter is almost 5) and she is naming her child Emmalina Marita
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010