How do you know your ready to get prego? im 25 and have been married for a year and a half. Do you ever really know?

E.Carlson

Asked by E.Carlson at 3:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• we prayed about it and both felt we were ready(although I was still nervous).
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you turn it over and over and over - you will never be ready. There is always a bill to pay, or a trip to go on, or a secret crazy thing to try. When you feel fullfilled with yourself and you want to share it, your ready.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no, all my pregnancy's were unplanned. I'm actually on my 4th pregnancy and 5th baby, and I'm getting my tubes tied. I was talking about this last night, I never knew what it was like to be done. I always wondered like how do you know when your done?! and I'm there now. I'm almost 25 and I'm ready to start my career. I guess I went backwards, but I'm finally done. I'm sorry I didn't answer your question my answer was the opposite of what you asked.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm a planner. DH and I planned to be married for two years and then TTC. Life doesn't always go according to plan though, and birth control is not full proof. Our son was born (full term) one month after our two year anniversary. So he was a "planned" child. He just came a bit earlier than we planned. lol I don't think there is a right and wrong time to become a parent. And there's is no real way to be 100% prepared for a child. You just have to realize that it will change your life in ways (some good, some bad) that you could never even imagine. When you are ready to accept those changes, then you are ready to have a child.
    Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I waited until I got all my wild ways out, and traveled with the hubby. We waited 2 yrs.
    1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 3:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We waited almost 3 years. I loved , loved that I got to travel, put more into savings, and just spend the quality time making my marriage strong before we had our son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• thanks. think we will wait 3 more months before we try. i just started a new job, it will give us time to save up for cute baby stuff.
    E.Carlson

Comment by E.Carlson (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I just felt ready. We had been married 4 years. Finished school and got jobs. It just seemed time to complete our family!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• When u can put urself on the back burner an totally devote urself 2 someone elses care then u r ready!!
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Like my SIL told us, "if you wait until you are ready, you will never have children."
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010