Has anyone used gdiapers?

I'm looking into using my gdiapers for my first child, but I don't know anyone who has used them and I'm wondering what peoples opinions are about them. I like the idea that they decompose in 1 yr versus 500 yrs. I'm not so sure I'd want to use cloth diapers, but I feel irresponsible using disposable knowing that it'll take 500 yrs to decompose. Any suggestions?

MamaSarah1104

Asked by MamaSarah1104 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like little g. I've used them, along with cloth and some disposables for the last almost two years.
    The inserts can be torn apart and flushed (some people are under the impression the outermost layer that rips away cannot be flushed but it can, you just have to open it up, dump out the filler in the toilet, then the outside part) which is very nice.
    You do need to take a little care with the liners and cloth pants. Make sure you always fasten the velcro on the pants before washing, otherwise the velcro wears out much more quickly than intended.
    Don't machine dry the liners either. The heat breaks down the elastic in the insert and trashes them in about six months.
    My only big beef is that the inserts are expensive. Other than that, I really like the product, it's easy to use, and husband friendly besides, which is a huge bonus.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 3:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well they came around when my son was around 9 months old and I can say that I bought them to try them. I love them really but I dont know if I could use them for a newborn who has a bm and pees so much lol. I do use disposable diapers but really my son gets rashes from gdiapers. I have also tried another cloth diaper too. I dont know why but the only diapers he can have is huggies. Otherwise he gets rashes. I really like GDiapers though and would have used them more if I could have
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I do not use gDiapers (we use cloth), but I have heard good things about them.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am not a fan. I prefer "regular" cloth diapers.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My friend tried them and they clogged their pipes. I really like the BumGenius cloth diapers. The g-diapers seem harder since you have to take them apart and deal with the disposable part, with my cloth I can just toss the whole thing in the wash!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010