Ortho-Tri Cyclen 28.........Ok so has anyone been on these b/c pills for a LONG time continueously and then got off them for a bit before ttc? Like I have mentioned in other questions I've posted----its been 13 years on these pills without a gap and I am a little nervous about getting off them.

..... Before I got on these pills (when I was about 16) I had horrible irregular periods, used to have to stay home from school during my period b/c I always so sick I had to take a perscription pain killer for the cramps, and I always had crazy symptoms. I just wonder after having this perfect 28 day cycle for so long, without heavy flows and barely any cramps at ALL--- if my body might not revert back to how it was and continue to be like this. I don't know how my body might react and wanted to hear from other women who might have been through a similiar situation. I wanted to be off the pills for at least 2 months before ttc for my own piece of mind, and to see how my body will react to no more hormones. Anyone?????

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• wow, that's a long time. I too went on B/C young to regulate my horrible period. My doctor changed or changes my BC every few years, he said my body would get to use to it or something, so I needed to change once in awhile. But when I've stopped to TTC it never really got as bad as it did before, well actually when trying for my daughter, it took like 6 months, so then I was getting some cramps and stuff, but it still wasn't as bad as before BC like it was in school. Good luck TTC!!

Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks for the response. I am a bit nervous but excited at the same time. Its been a realllly long time and I hope that my body is adjusted to the 28 day cycle. That would be perfect. I do know alot of it is also in my head because its been my way of life since I was 16 and now I am 29. Its sorta weird.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I got pregnant while I was taking ortho tri-cyclen!
    Anonymous

• SO DID A FRIEND OF MINE!! but I am getting off them---only one week left!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2008