Any advice on getting my just turned one year old to drink milk from a sippy cup? We got rid of the bottle just fine, but she refuses to drink formula or milk, warm or cold from a cup.....she only wants water !!

shelbylee

Asked by shelbylee at 3:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She can get her vitamin D and calcium from other sources,let her have her water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Just keep offering the cup to her. She will eventually warm up to it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am currently going through the same thing, my LO just turned 1 this past sunday, he's throwing the sippy cups at me! Wants nothing to do with them at home, but takes them just fine at daycare!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• She does not 'need' to drink milk, let her have her water. After the breast, my children drank ONLY water, that is all there is in the house.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Let her have the water, and keep offering the milk. They dont actually need milk. They need the calcium, vitamin d, and heaslthy fats in milk. Just make sure to offer plenty of cheeses, yogurt, etc that are rich in those items :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used the soft top sippy cups at first (the ones that look and feel like bottle nipples, just different shapes) for all three of mine and it seemed to transition them really well from the bottle to a regular sippy cup. Just watch if they chew on them alot because the "leak proofness" will wear out eventually.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Then give it 2 her in a regular cup...kids r so picky sometimes its easier 2 just go with the flow...
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Lucky for you, she only needs water!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010