Water Filter

We have tried the PUR twist on ones and they keep breaking, and they are not inexpensive to say the least so I do not want another PUR water filtration system. I liked the Brita water pitchers when I was a kid. Are they still good? Or one that justs attaches to the fawcet?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 3:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i just got a brita pitcher and love it. they have pretty colors now..... i got a yellow one. i got mine at target and got a $5 gift card for buying the pitcher and a $5 gift card for the filter refills too. i was happy lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have a Brita pitcher and love it. The refills are only around $8 for 3, so they last for 6 months. There is no way I could buy bottled water for anywhere NEAR that cheap.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We used to have the PUR faucet mount filter and hated that they cracked and needed replacing every 6 months or so. Now we have a 1 1/2 to 2 gallon PUR water pitcher. LOVE it! I bought 10 filters for $6.80 each, enough to last us almost 2 years.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used to have a pur but it was so expensive and now I use bottled water but am thinking of switching back.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have the Brita pitcher, too and like it quite a bit. However, we drink a lot of water it doesn't really hold all that much. We used to have one of their big rectangular ones but it broke and we got the pitcher as a replacement. Which for us, isn't too bad because we also have a water filter on our fridge, but if you have the room in your fridge, go for the bigger one.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know what works best. We had a expensive rain soft system but it didn't last long and a RO unit. Now I can't have any Well water Etc.. I don't know what's best. What do you prefer? How's the taste? I guess shopping around is the best. I hope you find what works best for you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We stopped using the PUR years ago and I remember in the instructions, if you accidentally ran HOT water through it you ruined it. They looked disgusting in less than a year anyway. We buy filtered water at the grocery store and refill the gallon jugs. I actually think our water is good now, when we lived in the township it would be cloudy. I drink water from the tap and use it for cooking.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use a Brita pitcher now. We had the Pur faucet mount and it cracked. We replaced it and the second one started spraying water out of the casing within about 5 months. We've been using the Brita for about 18 months and it's great.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010