Do I take her to the Doctors?

M 3 year old threw up the night before last, yesterday she was fine, she was eating and playing acting just like her normal self. Then about 5pm she had diarreah and she's had diarreah about 4 times since yesterday at 5pm. She had a mild fever last night, and hasn't had it back since. no throwing up either just the lose stools, is there anything I can do at home or should I just take her to the doctor?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• just make sure she gets plenty of fluids. As for the loose stools bannanas, rice, apple sauce, and toast (the BRAT diet) is all the doctor would tell you too do. Limit dairy
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 3:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't take her. Just give her lots of water and keep her food bland.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Whatever got in her system is probably passing. Waiting it out a few days is good. If she does it again, take her. I don't wait more than three days. Co-pays are a 'B'! lol
    randerykah

Answer by randerykah at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Hmm if shes not still throwing up and is able to drink okay, and isnt running a high fever it mat just be a virus that has to run its course. You could call the ped and ask them what they think. Try the BRAT diet if her stomach is not tolerating food well.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you have to go with your gut....but waiting a few days is good...our co-pay is only $15...but still...i would probably write it off as she ate something bad...and it's just working it's way through her system...IDK...if it persists for several MORE days....take her in just for your peace of mind. my girls usually got over it in a few days...and i never took them in.
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 3:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with these moms. Just make sure she has plenty of fluids, even some juice popsciles will help and keep her diet bland.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• omgosh thanks ladies, Yeah I didn't wanna drag her out to the doctors if there just gonna tell me to give it a few days and bring her back.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The last time my son had those symptoms I took him to the doctor, mostly because he had his preschool graduation in a couple of days so I wanted to get him started on treatment asap if it was something that required meds. Turned out he had strep and needed antibiotics.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:20 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Just give her some pedialyte and/or gatorade and make sure she is drinking enough. It sounds like a virus.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 2:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010