Virgin or ho? Is there no middle ground?

Thanks to some of the answers to this question:

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/451131/Why_is_virginity_prized_so_highly?cat_id=&order=&next=11

I've been wondering...is any woman who is not a virgin bride automatically a "ho"? That seems to be the attitude of many here.

Either your a pure and holy virgin...or an STD-ridden, slutty "ho".

What gives?

(cross-posted in "Religion")

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh wow I guess I am reformed std ridden ho! I had sex outside of marriage I am not married and will never be married. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure why anybody cares when another woman loses her virginity.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What's really annoying is the double standard towards men
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You're right,that does seem to be the attitude around here. its sad really....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think the mid section would and should be "Sexually experienced"... we aren't all saints. I know I'm not.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• just because you make a mistake having sex with someone before marriage doesnt mean you're a ho . ofcoarse theres always going to be people that critisize. but only you know how you got in the situation . to me a ho is someone who is a cheater and is always with different men . like everyday its a different man . :)
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know if the "here" you are talking about is just in Cafemom. But where I live, no one thinks that being a virgin is a requirement for having a long happy and healthy marriage/relationship. I think there is a big difference between having sex with your partner that you have a relationship and being promiscuous. And by promiscuous, I mean someone (man or woman) having sex with several different partners indiscriminately and randomly without any emotional connection. But even if someone had a past that they are not proud of, that doesn't mean that they can't get themselves together and find happiness in a relationship. It's really nobody's business.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think that isn't what the majority of one man women were saying at all.

I think your question is a bit biased in saying that virgins are considered "pure and holy" compared to "STD ridden slutty ho." I know for me I always felt like a freak keeping my virginity! No one treated me any better (if anything I was treated worse) and I NEVER bragged or flaunted it. If we can be honest though, is there anyway to say "oh yeah, I was a virgin until 20 something" and NOT have people go on the defensive thinking you are attacking their choices?

Also, there were women making statements about how some men only want what other men haven't had. If that is true why are so many of those woman still married to those men? To me that would mean they need to go find more "uncharted territory." Excuse me for getting a bit defensive but it is offensive when people are saying that is why your husband is with you.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 4:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010