Chocolate Making Question

Just starting out in the homemade chocolate lolly pop business (hopefully anyway). I got some molds and am looking into buying the chocolate melts wholesale.

My question is for anyone currently doing this as a side venture....what is the going rate for chocolate lollypops for favors and for parties (like say 12 - 24) or singularly.???

JustGail

Asked by JustGail at 3:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've seen some for a dollar a piece all the way up to 2.50 just really depends where you are at and what people there would pay.
    MylifeMylove23

Answer by MylifeMylove23 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it also depends on, decoration of them and packaging. I had a friend that was doing it for a while, and she was selling some of them for around 3.00. I like to do it just for a hobby, but there is a "cooking" store near where i live, and an idea you might use, is they attatch the suckers to pencils. they are super cute.
    prego_jessi

Answer by prego_jessi at 10:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I agree with the above answers, that you have to price according to what people would pay and how fancy the candies are, but don't forget that you need to make a profit. Some people would say to charge 3 times your cost for materials, some would say charge twice. I'd recommend charging the lesser amount as a startup special, then gradually increase.

Oh, and I prefer to use almond bark for my candies. I think it's easier to use and tastes better, not to mention that it's cheaper. It takes the paste food colors very well if you want to color the white bark.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BUSINESS!!!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2010