Morning After Pill Failed! Will Baby be OK?

Aaaahhh! #3 is on the way! I took the Next Choice pill 32 hours after intercourse (box recommends within 72 hours). Now I pregnant. I'm freaking out on sooooo many levels right now, but my most immediate concern is that the pill might hurt the fetus. Does anyone know if there are risks or birth defects associated with this pill if it fails. I know it makes the lining of your uterus messed up so the embryo won't plant, but if it plants anyway, will it be ok? I can't find any info. Haven't been to the dr yet. I'm only about 2 weeks along.

gwynsmama

Asked by gwynsmama at 3:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call the pharmacy and ask. Also you could call your doctors office.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would call your doctor and explain your concerns. It's possible because the baby is sooooo tiny that has managed to stay implanted....but if the uterine wall has been damaged/weakened, it's possible as the baby grows it could result in a miscarriage. I really don't know what to say. Is there a phone number on the Morning After box or on the instructions you can call?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,167163,00.html

Not harmful! :)

Congrats and good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It will not hurt the baby if you are already pregnant.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010