Do you die your hair while pregnant?

I would like to get highlights but my hubby really doesnt want me to... so I just wanna know how many still do.

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 3:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh ya highlighted/bleached all that with both my pregnancies, even painted too lol the dr gave the ok for it(with paint just had to buy a certain type) but i have normal kids.. i think ..lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i did my babies came out healthy althoug i did have to wait til i was 5 mos because my dr said to wait and to get the highlights with the foil and make sure they dont touch your scalp with the bleach
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i didnt just to be safe
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've heard you are not supposed to so I didnt during both my pregnancies... but ask your doctor, that is probably your best bet.
    proudtxmom22

Answer by proudtxmom22 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• no! don't! the chemicals are sooooo harmful!...just wait till after baby comes...go & have a "Me Day"...believe me you'll be ready! just the same as...are you gonna out and knock back a few brews or margurita's with the girls and smoke a half a pack of cig's? i say just wait!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 3:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• lol leezah- any dr ive ever seen with my pregnancies have giving the complete ok at dying your hair it is soo nothing like drink and cigs how extreme , now if you work in a salon dont do the dye cause the smells will be 2 much after time. lol that cracks me up...
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes... I have had my hair dyed with all of my pregnancies and had no complications due to the dye.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I dont think there is any reason y not 2 die ur hair while pregnant....sometimes it makes u feel better about gettig big an uncomfortable 2 die ur hair or cut it!!
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010