Do you freak out....

If a bad storm is forecasted? My mom just called me,practically in tears because we're under a tornado WATCH. I remember when I was little i was terrified all summer because of the way she overreacted to bad weather. I can remember being SO scared to even watch the news for fear the weather guy would say there was a tornado coming! As I grew up,I chilled out.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not at all. DH and I both stand on the porch watching the storm until we are soaked or getting blown away.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Not at all, if there's bad weather we just hang out in the house and watch it out the windows. When I was younger my mom would freak out if it snowed and she had to drive in it. Even if she had to drive 3 days after it snowed. When I got my license I was terrified at first to drive in it then finally realized it wasn't as bad as what she always said.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, I love storms. I've often wished I could see a tornado (at a distant) but I'm sure if I did I wouldn't really be thrilled either. Has she had a really bad experience? Maybe one she never told you about?
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Nope, not at all. Over reacting just puts everyone in danger. I enjoy a good storm, and I've experienced a few hurricanes, and a couple tornadoes... Reality is, that you can only do SO much, to protect you and yours. There comes a point where you just bend over and kiss your ass goodbye- freaking out about it doesn't help anything.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• IF there seems to be a threat I will freak, but nothing phsyco... I just prepare more or less.

I try not to freak the kids out as best I can. I take them somewhere safe and we play.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I get a little worried if we are supposed to get bad weather but I live in Fl. now so every afternoon thunder dark sky and I cross my fingers it will not be anything worse than that.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 4:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If it seems the area is in threat than yeah. I am a nervous reck!
    randerykah

Answer by randerykah at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010