Fear of raising 2 kids!

I wanna know how much different it is to raise 2 instead of just 1. I have a 3 year old and will have a newborn in 3 weeks and I am really scared about how I will handle it.

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have 5! You will be fine trust me. yours are spaced out nicely too. Just stay organized.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It will be fine! My kids are 18 months apart and they are wonderful! The older sibling tends to LOVE to help. And it really isn't mich different. Now number 3 was a handful to get used to and I'm still adjusting (he is almost 4 mths old) but I'm getting there. 2 Wasn't bad at all.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You will be ok. Just take day by day and relax. Try to get the 3yr old involved like getting the baby diapers
    ajmfmommy

Answer by ajmfmommy at 4:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• it will be fine just take a deep breath, I have a 4 year old and a 2 1/2 year old and am still going strong. You will do just fine, it just takes some getting used to sometimes.And if the 3 year old wants to help thats a good idea too !
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i only have 1 child at the minute. my sister has 5 kids- had 3 then got caught with twins. each of the older ones loved getting involved-getting nappies,cream,toys etc. give him/her loads of praise and get him/her involved so they dont feel left out. you will be absolutely fine.
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• As a mother of 5 . . . it will take some adjusting, and learning to multitask, but it will come and as daunting as it will seem in the first few weeks it will come fairly easily after that!

Answer by missanc at 7:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010