Age Spacing between children

A little about myself. I am 26 almost 27 and have a 9.5 month old son. My husband and I are thinking about TTC the next child. If we got pregnant right away the youngest apart they would be is about 19 months. However, I read that doctors recommend 18 months before trying TTC again.

I am unsure if this is too close or not.

If you have kids this close or closer. Please share your experience. How is it? How was the pregancy and labor on your body? Would you do it all over again?

I know every family is different I am just curious about others experience.

Thanks Ladies!

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My oldest 2 are 13 months apart. The second pregnancy didn't seem to really make a differnce on my body, it just felt like I was pregnant for almost 2 years :) The labor itself was no more difficult than the first one. it also wasn't any easier though. It lasted about 3 hours longer than the first. When my middle son was born I was so nervous about having a newborn and a 13 month old but by the time that we got settled in at home everything worked out fine. Now I'm glad that they're that close in age! My youngest (my daughter) is 23 months younger than my middle son, 3 years and 19 days younger than my oldest. My pregnancy with her was the hardest on my body, her labor was 25 hours to 4 and 7 for my boys, my doctor said that having 3 kids in 3 years will always be hard on your body, bringing her home though was the easiest. I knew exactly what to do and I had 2 little boys that wanted to help take care of her :
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i think if you think its ok to have them a year or every 4 years its fine everyone is different
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I got pregnant when my son was 4 months old, I had a miscarriage and was told it was too soon and my body could not handle it. We began TTC again (with the dr.'s approval) when he was 12 months old and got pregnant right away. They are 21 months apart. The second pregnancy and delivery was very easy. Its a great age gap. My boys are best friends.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i think it would be fine..however a toddler at 18 months is hard work..my DD is 19 months old and wow lol she is at the mine stage, im due iwth another they will be 23 months apart, id honestly keep a 2 -3 yr age gap i was hoping it would take a yr to get preggo again like it did with her..nope 6 months lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My son was 18 months when my daughter was born. I think it depends on the person if the dr says your healthy and you want another then I say go for it. My second one was harder on me during the pregnancy but it was a little soon for me to have another, my body wasn't ready yet physically but she came out fine and the delivery was actuallty easier than the first one.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010