A spin-off from a previously asked question - how long before you start discussing the idea of marriage with your boyfriend? We've been together 19 months.

He's recently divorced but we get along really well. I get along great with his whole family too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Is it you talking about it or both of you? Is that what he wants again so soon? Personally I don't think there is a "time limit" but if you both are ready then you'll know when it's time to talk about it. Good luck.
    twindelight

Answer by twindelight at 12:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We've never discussed it and he is still really bitter over his divorce. But I wonder if I'm wasting my time sometimes. Wondering if at some point I will need to bring it up and how long is a good time to do such a thing.
    Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i think when ever you feel ready to talk about is the right time my hubby and i were married after 2 months
    motherofnikolai

Answer by motherofnikolai at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would bring it up and let him know you're not looking for wedding date or anything, just to know it's something he would consider in the future
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• we were together for about a year when we started talking about it.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• we have been together for three years and we started discussing it around 1 1/2 years... neither of us have been married before though, but i would let him know that getting married is in your plans and just asked him from up front if he would ever consider being married again after his first marraige didnt work. just try not to force anything on him if you feel like you are hitting a sore subject let it go there will be more days to try and discuss getting married obliviously he is planning on keeping you around after 19 months lol
    jaydenbug2008

Answer by jaydenbug2008 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• don't get hung up on the fantasy of getting married- do it the traditional way and let him ask you- then you know that he really wants to and that he is truly ready. otherwise you may not really know if he is just feeling pressured or truly wants to marry u!
    alwms

Answer by alwms at 9:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You bring it up when you are ready to. If he's not thinking the same as you, find someone who is.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We've been discussing it since we found out I was pregnant in April. We actually celebrated our one-year anniversary on the 9th and I found out I was pregnant on the 16th (I didn't conceive on the night of our anniversary though hahaha.) We're "engaged" but we still refer to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend. We don't think you should have to get married just because you're having a baby. We'll probably tie the knot sometime in the next two years or so. No big rush.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We've discussed it 3 weeks into our relationship. We just knew
    Anonymous