How do you get your 2 year old to pick up...

My 2 year old REFUSES to help pick up his toys and when they go in the toy box he just throws them all over the house dumps the bins out... any ideas???

mamachef694

Asked by mamachef694 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 year old is pretty little to clean up a mess alone. I think at this point you should be picking up like 99% of the stuff and LO should be able to help you with 1 or 2 things.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Well with my 2 yr old we call it the clean up game and sing the clean up song" clean up clean up everybody clean up" I help him put the toys in the toy box and at first we used to clap and say "yay" after every toy and now he knows its the right thing to do. It takes time but make a game out of it and reward him if he does good.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• we sing the barney song "clean up, clean up, everybody every where" she loves it.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 4:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I dont expect him to clean up his toys alone I expect him to help and by that I mean not throwing every toy I have put away on the ground
    mamachef694

Comment by mamachef694 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My 2 year old just randomly cleans up. I have no clue where he got it from!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 4:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010