I get cold feet. He stands strong...

I just need advice. I am in a wonderful relationship with the man of my dreams and I seem to back away, he tells me its cold feet, I don't know what it is. I love him (Gordon) with all my heart and have for a long time now. I go to counseling to try to figure this out. All she asks me is what do I think... duh, I'm clueless. He has NEVER cheated and neither do I think about it, I am not jealous of anyone, I just start to feel like I don't deserve him sometimes. He stepped up when I needed someone most and has utmost respect for me and our kids. I think this sounds like I am griping about nothing... lol I just want to understand why I get insecure sometimes. Do any of you feel this way for NO REASON???

twindelight

Asked by twindelight at 12:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Its because you dont love yourself first, but he does and he doesnt see anything wrong with you. You have to be more positive and appreciate your life with or without him. You should write a list about what makes you happy and pursue them and im sure he will be very supportive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• scared that something may go wrong?
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Sometimes its hard for us to accept the good..... we live in a society where happily ever afters are rare, and sometimes we're afraid to be happy for fear that the second we allow ourselves to experience true joy it will be taken away from us .... let go.. accept the good.... for however long its here.... go ahead and let yourself be happy..its ok... really!
    SkylerJsMommy

Answer by SkylerJsMommy at 1:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You are lucky he is so sure of his feelings with you and is being patient. How long you been together? Are you attracted to him? Does he treat you the way you want to be treated by a man? Are you afraid he will change if you marry him or completely give yourself to him? Have you been hurt in the past by another man who betrayed your trust?

These are all questions where the answers could help you sort through what it is you are feeling and why you are resisting.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2008