How do I get my 4 year old out of my bed?

My 4 year old still sleeps with us an Im having trouble getting im 2 sleep in his own bed an ideas or suggestions on what 2 do?

Halogurl29

Asked by Halogurl29 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There are three schools of thought on this: 1. he shouldn't have been there in the first place (that's not what I think and very unhelpful) 2. let him sleep in your bed until he's ready to move into his bed (my best friend did this and her children went into their own beds between five and six 3. Gradually transition and make his bed seem more appealing. I follow #3 and am currently doing this with my almost 4 y/o. We put a toddler bed next to our bed and would lay him in there and read him a book and I would usually have to hold his hand to get him to stay in there, at first he still climbed back into bed w/ us after we went to sleep. But we keep at it and he fights us sometimes, othertimes he doesn't mind. We let him sleep in our bed during nap time. Switching him to another room is a whole new post. ;)
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 4:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my oldest sleep with me and my boy friend until all most 3 years ago now that we moved and now has his own bed and twin bed tell your son that he a big boy now and longer a baby and find him a bed he likes and maybe sleep in the room with him and move out every night u get closer to the door but good luck though
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010