Best strategies for preparing 2 yr old for birth and entrance of a new baby to the household...

Tips please for those who've had 2 kids, how to prepare the 1st child, anything I should know?? tips? pointers? thanks ladies!

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was worried about how my 1 1/2 yo would handle a new baby. But we watched him around other babies and he did great so I knew he'd be fine. He is too. Him and his brother love each other very much (the oldest is now almost 3). =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I bought my 1st books about having a baby sibling and we read those a lot. Also we talked about the baby a lot, and wrapped his little doggie in a baby blanket & played like it was a baby.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I bought a baby doll and carried it like I would the baby and talked to it, and even let him hold it. I did this not all the time just a few days a week. So when little miss arrived my son. just looked at her like the doll.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Don't start too early. Your two year old has no concept of time so wait til the due date gets closer to start talking about it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Check with the hospital; they probably have a sibling class.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010