Bankruptcy

If you've filed for brankruptcy how has it changed your life? Was it worth it?

Cassarah

Asked by Cassarah at 5:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• More creditors or consolidation companies will work with you these days...Remember that Bankruptcy stays on your record for 7 years! THat may not seem like forever, but WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSIon...if its not Completley necessary I would say try a consolidation company at least you are looking at like 18mos versus 7 years...and its not cheap some say between 500-1000 bucks to file.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my husband finally filed right before we got married! his ex wife maxed out all the credit cards and took all the money out of his bank accounts and filed for divorce and ran! she took everything! when we are ready now we can buy a house and we both got new cars this month it has been great a big weight has been lifted! it was a lot of work but totally worth it! now that stupid bitch is out of our life forever!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My friend filed, and a few months later she got loans for school... with that, she got a lap top. I call her a "friend" more like someone I know. I don't really like her. She is my husbands daughters mother. I think she did fine with it all. Her debt was from hospital bills. It is expensive being a hypochondriac!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010