What did Obama mean when he said he wanted to "Fundamentally Change" Ameica?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Jesse, it all seemed so clear to me-how about you?
    Pretty cut and dry.........Raise taxes, redistribute wealth, start UHC, spend and then implement stealth taxes, and fundamentally change america.
    = a NO vote for Obama in our household.
    How in the hell the clueless configured their mortgages being paid, and a road to recovery out of all the hogwash I will never understand.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• he meant that he wanted to fundamentally change america. I thought we all knew that?
    Definition: Fundamental

1. basic: relating to or affecting the underlying principles or structure of something
    We need to make fundamental changes in our business.

2. central: serving as an essential part of something
    Free speech is one of the fundamental rights guaranteed by the Constitution.

changed, chang·ing, chang·es
    v.tr.
    1.
    a. To cause to be different: change the spelling of a word.
    b. To give a completely different form or appearance to; transform: changed the yard into a garden.
    2. To give and receive reciprocally; interchange: change places.
    A·mer·i·ca [ ə mérrikə ]

noun

Definition:

1. United States: the United States of America

All his speeches were pretty clear when you read the transcripts and had no lustfull e
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 5:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• He meant a lot of things, and he's stuck to them. He's definitely changing things, I just don't think that a lot of people knew what kind of "change" and "hope" they were voting for. A lot of people are acting surprised, and as if he lied about so many things, when in fact, he didn't...if you had really listened to his message, and researched his past voting records, it was blatantly obvious what he was planning to do. That is precisely why he was my last choice for a President. I would have voted for Ozzy Osbourne before I would have voted for Obama. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Oh...and he meant that he wanted to turn us into a socialist country. :) He also meant that he wanted to turn us into something that our founding fathers and ancestors worked and fought so hard to protect us against. In other words, the basis, or fundamentals that our country is supposed to stand for.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of crap for this, but that's how I feel, lol. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, jewjewbee, I think you have grasp the entire concept. He is fundamentally changing us from a country that is free and has a sense of basic human liberties with citizens who would take the initiative to fix problems to one that is completely dependent on the government for our basic needs, can't initiate any new product because of that dreaded proposed v.a.t. tax, and we are speak of racism more than ever which is sparked, if not by at least not discouraged by, PBO. He only speaks out when it can get him a "beer summit". We are now racist if we just have a different opinion of the liberals. It is propaganda of the worse kind. The NAACP is speaking of me and anyone who rally against this administration and his view of HUGE government.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i agree with the first poster. he was pretty clear about everything he wanted to do. which is why i did not vote for him.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 5:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• jewjewbee, you are right. When you read the transcripts, it's very clear what he intended to do, and he's doing it.

LovingSAHMommy, you're right, too. A little research into his voting records backed up everything from his speeches.

And when you heard his off the cuff remarks, you heard the real deal. What he told Joe the Plumber was what he meant. And he's doing his best to make it happen.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Since Chairman Mao is the hero to so many in his administration,

I would suggest you look there. It will scare the hell out of you.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• motherof,

Where have you ever heard Obama say he was a liberal?  No where.

He will tell you he is a progressive.

I would be happy if he was a liberal. He is not.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would have voted for Ozzy Osbourne before I would have voted for Obama. :)

And Ozzy, having had a real paying career that he actually had to work at, would be 1000% better! I could smile again if he were Pres!

MotherofIreland, I have seen liberal policies and progressive policies come out of the White House. None have been good for us. It isn't good outweighing the bad anymore, it is bad outweighing worse. Just 111 days to go!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2010