For the love of all that's holy, just take a shower!

When do tween boys start wanting to take showers? My ten year old will actually cry when we ask him to take a shower! They will never take one on their own accord, we always have to tell them to, sometimes in very stern voices. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, just wondering how long that tunnel is?

Cassarah

Asked by Cassarah at 5:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• For the love of all that's holy...........LOL
    take his video games away until he showers, best currency there is!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've never had a problem since I told both my boys either do it or Mommy will wash her babies up herself! They ran to the shower and I did a sniff test afterwards! Any missed spots meant Mommy had to show them how to bathe!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Until he wants girls to like him and knows he needs to smell good to get them to
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• if my 10 year old son cried when i told him to shower i would be taking things away. he is way too old to be crying over a shower. wow.
    Anonymous

• LOL! That's a good one Ewadun! That's as good as offering an enema when your kid complains of being too sick to go to school!

I've been wondering how to deal with this myself, since my 13-year-old nephew is coming to visit this summer. Last summer I remember him not wanting to shower. I won't be threatening to wash him myself, that's for sure! Haha! Actually, he's DH's nephew, so DH will just have to take care of it. Fortunately, DH HIGHLY values showers. He's 41, just in case you were wondering. Hope your kids likes showers before he gets that old! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• lol, we're thinking the 10 y/o is going through some hormonal change because he gets upset at things like a girl right before her period. I like the video game idea, I really think that will work, with just about everything! *evil plans are a brew'n*
    Cassarah

Comment by Cassarah (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010