Think I can lose 20 pounds in 30 days?

I really want to. I'm going to the beach!!!

roxy1984

Asked by roxy1984 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, you can safely lose 5 lbs a week! However, it also depends on what diet and consistent exercise! Good Luck!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I think it depends on your metabolism and what all you do to help. When I was trying to lose weight I did a TON of research on it, tried different things and stuck with what worked for me. Good luck to you!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• If you do, chances are it's going to be mostly water weight. You can with cleanses and stuff, but it's probably going to come right back. I guess I would do a little more research into what works that fast.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have lost 15 lbs in three weeks before and I think that would be good enough. Give it a try, remember to eat and keep your fluid intake up.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No, I don't think you can safely lose that much in 30 days. If you have 4 weeks and are just starting the diet, you will probably lose 5 pounds the first week, then 1-2 pounds each week after...that will put you at 8-11 pounds total. Any more than that would be very bad for your body. But 8-11 pounds would make a huge difference, so go for it anyway =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have, I worked out twice a day and cut out all drinks that had calories and only drank ice water. I ate 4 small meals a day and made sure most of it was vegetables. Good luck!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes you can. Try the Negative Calorie Diet. PM with your email if you want me to send you a copy of it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Could you just message it to me on Cafemom?
    roxy1984

Comment by roxy1984 (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• a healthy weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week with a healthy diet and excerise. you may loose more your first week but thats just water weight. :]
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 5:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• try not to concentrate on the scale. lil angel00 had some great advice, cutting out the empty calories and eating tons of veggies (plus lean protein) will help you lose. but remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're working out you might start looking better via muscle tone yet stay at the same weight. as long as you look good in a bikini, who cares what the scale says?
    p.s. many diets and diet supplements just cause you to lose water, which is harmful and though it makes you weigh less will eventually cause other problems.
    tavczakbabe

Answer by tavczakbabe at 5:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010