TOY SUGGESTIONS FOR SENSORY SEEKING 3 YEAR OLD

I was wondering what items anyone would suggest for my son. He seems to like pressure on he face and he is always jumping up and down in his bed at night. I was told to buy the trampoline, but we really don't have room for that right now. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

momoftwokids547

Asked by momoftwokids547 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe get him one of those balls that he can sit on and bounce
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 5:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• play dooh
    sand box
    jumpy horse (but it is big)
    sit and spin
    tunnel of fun (folds up)
    cardboard box fort
    box of uncooked rice or dried beans
    water ballons
    water gun blaster
    swing
    rocking chair
    swivel chair
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How about one of those helmet/masks they wear for boxing? They make trampolines that are about 3 ft across,usually used for adult fitness. My son's thing was flashing lights.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Do you have a large exercise ball? They are inexpensive if you don't. He may like to roll on it, or like it to be rolled on top of him. Other fun things to play with are shaving cream, play on a table outside if you can. Can write in it and just have fun. Take empty water bottles and fill them with all kinds of things. My favorite is molasses and glitter. Only fill them about half way witth the molasses so they can tip them around and watch it move. Water with plastic beads is good. So is filling one part way with dry rice or beans for the sound affect. Always super glue the lids on!! Make some ooplek or goop....made with corn starch and water. I have lots of ideas if you want more, I have a degree in Rehab Science and did a lot of work with special needs children and was a preschool teacher right out of college. I did a lot of sensory things with 3 year olds then!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Thanks for all of the great suggestions.
    momoftwokids547

Comment by momoftwokids547 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Jumping ball.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010