How do u get a 3 year old to wipe herself.

My 3 year old daughter doesnt wipe herself when she is done using the bathroom. I have told her i dont know how many times to wipe and she wont..

SouthernCharm04

Asked by SouthernCharm04 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have to continue to work with her & help her to learn to do it. The more consistent you are the more of a habit it will become for her. Teaching & training little ones takes dedication & consistency.over many years. They have short attention spans & tend to forget some things easily. Just be patient & stick with it.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How can i get her to wipe when im not around.. Nobody in my family is helping me with this.
    SouthernCharm04

Comment by SouthernCharm04 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• At 3 you should be with her. Supervise and practice, practice practice. It will come to her in time. You need to be consistent until then.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Very few 3 year olds can do a good job anyway, you need to be on top of her. My son is always 5 and I still check from time to time , especially if I know he's had something with some dairy in it because I know that's a tough clean up job.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You should be with her, or someone who is willing to work with her.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010