Does anyone else get terribly sappy and emotional...

...sometimes when you look at your child? My son is almost 10 months old, and I've loved every minute of his life. Last night, as I was sitting on the couch with ice cream, he crawled over, pulled himself up, opened his mouth, begging for a bite, and said, "mom, mom, mom", and I got tears in my eyes. He's growing up. It's happening. He seems more like a toddler than a baby, and as much fun as it is to see him grow, I'll miss him wanting to be held all the time, giving me sloppy, wet baby kisses, and giggling just because I made a certain sound. He's just so wonderful, and every milestone is so huge to me, but at the same time, with every milestone, there's one more thing that he did for the last time. When will I know that the last bottle was the only one he'd ever have, or that the last diaper was his last I'd ever change? It's exciting and sad all at the same time.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 5:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wait til he is 24 like my oldest :( Hold them tight, it goes by faster than you know.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Oh girl, I do this all the time. I'm so pathetic I get sappy over their future like going to kindergarten, driving, graduating, etc. It's pathetic. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• every time i go into her baby box and hold the tiny diaper she wore at start
    (unused, i did not save the poop ones)
    weird how that one thing will get me everytime
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• yes. all the time
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was right with you, up until the "last diaper" part!! LOL THAT is a day you will welcome!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my son is 3 and 1/2 and i still get misty eyed when he wants to do things for himself. it does hurt when he says "no mommy i can do it all by myself". i was blubbing like a baby when i dropped him off at pre-school the 1st day and he was just like- bye mom see u later,barely got a kiss and a hug. still have some of the nappies(un-used) from when he was born in a little memory box. DH doesnt get why i keep little momentos.
    shell394

Answer by shell394 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Omg, firenicecream, I'm the same way, lol. I'm DREADING kindergarten though, because I know I'll be a disaster driving away from the school, lol. I'm a sahm, and have maybe been away from him 12 hours his entire life, lol. The first time he picked up a piece of food with his index finger and thumb, you'd think he broke a world record, and the first time he said "mama", I was prouder than if he'd won the Nobel Peace Prize, LOL!
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was right with you, up until the "last diaper" part!! LOL THAT is a day you will welcome!!! :o)"

LOL! Well yea, that's true, but I mean...that's one of the last things that defines him as a baby in my eyes. However, the older he gets, the worse the poopy diapers get, so by that time it probably WILL be a welcome relief, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010