For moms with a large family 3+ children

Hubby and I have been talking about having another baby, our youngest is 14 months. We have a blended family, each of us entered the relationship with a child, we have a total of 4 kids. Our dilemma is that we are spending too much time deciding on get pregnant or not, we think about his parents who are completely old school and think we were done with our last one on my side of the family I really don't care about what they say. We have always provided for our children without anyones help, but I am worried about what his parents will think of us if we got pregnant. My question is, did your family play at role at all on your decision to continue to have children? Did you care what others had to say or them judging you? How did you handle the news with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• My family thought I was done after having my 3rd. But after divorcing and then marrying a man who had never had children, we had one - THEN my nuclear family thought I was done. We unexpectedly got pregnant with my 5th, his 2nd - after that I had my tubes tied! My mom was not happy with me being pregnant with my 4th or 5th, but she got over it quickly and has been a HUGE help both during and after the pregnancies. I probably wouldn't have had another child on purpose if my husband had bio kids of his own that he had come into the marriage with. I grew up in a blended family and I know how hard that is to work with without adding any additional children!

Answer by missanc at 7:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• How old are you? Can you wait for a few years to have another child? It might be a little much to introduce a new one in now but later on might be better.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am 32
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010