How many of you enjoy camping???

My daughter just called to let me know about her adventures in the Dry Tortugas Island, they have a ferry that goes from Key West to the Island, they spend 3 days camping, and said the Island was practically for themselves, but were aching from sleeping on the hard ground even with the sleeping bags.
How many enjoy this sort of thing?
Me, give me all the perks of modern civilization!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asked by older at 5:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm with you, older. I USED to enjoy camping, when I was a teenager, but now, give me my hot showers and warm cozy bed. Maybe if you give me a RV, but otherwise, I'll skip the camping.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I like camping itself, not all the work that goes into getting there, unloading, and having to pack up again. I take along an air mattress with my tent and sleep just fine. We camped on the beach in central California last summer and had a blast. Something about the combination of the salt air and the campfire itself makes the simplest meals meals taste amazing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I went camping once with my Aunt and Uncle in their RV. I got a chance to pick berries. I would have liked to have fished and cooked the food at the campsite but that didn't happen and I was pretty young though. I didn't sleep on the dirt floor. The RV unfolded with places to sleep.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• we are taking our boys "camping" the first week of August for the first time ever- we're staying in a cabin with A/C though LOL

we will hike though and build a fire outside to roast hot dogs and marshmellows

growing up, we went tent camping- I loved it then- don't think that I would now...I go to the restroom several times a night (sorry tmi lol) I don't want to have to hike up to the restroom in the middle of the night
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 6:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We love to camp. We have done back country hiking on the Appalachian Trail, we have tent camped, camped in a pop-up, and more recently we are using a motor home. We camp at the lake, the beach, the 4-wheeler trails, the races, and we have camped on vacation. We have camped in Key West at the Naval Base campground while my son was stationed there. Our best family memories are all somehow tied to a camping trip.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Ginger, that air mattress is what they forgot to take, this is why the cut the trip a bit shorter than anticipated. They said that it was beautiful and the pictures they took of the wild life and sea life were amazing! they were trying to get me to join them, I am not too sure about that!

Comment by older (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I would LOVE that! Sounds like fun! I like camping with air mattresses at least. We have a pop up camper that makes it even more fun though :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We go camping all the time. We sleep in our pop up camper, but we don't stay in campgrounds so we have no toilet or shower or anything. We are usually near a lake or creek and bath there. We used to do the tent with air mattresses the same way, but DH wanted a camper with the kids.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010