Working moms, do you feel that you are neglecting your kid(s)?

I am starting Ava in daycare (she is 14 months) and I am soooo sad. I feel that I am neglecting her by going back to work! Maybe it's just separation anxiety but I just feel so sad...is this normal at first? How did you get over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I went back to work when my son was 3 months part-time and put him in daycare when he was 9 months. Now I am home with two kids and I miss working, ironic I guess. Back then, I made sure I was comfortable with the daycare. I took him a few days before my new schedule started over a few weeks and let him play and visit, and I watched how the teacher interacted with the kids. I made sure I got to know his class teacher and the rules. It was hard at first. I did feel guilty. I missed him. He cried in the mornings when I would leave... but you know, at the end of the day when I would show up he wouldn't want to come home. He liked the socialization and making friends. Just take it one day at a time. It will get better.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Nope, not at all, you're working to provide a good life for them. Not everyone makes enough $$ to stay at home.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008