cervix soft doctor acted concerned but wouldn't tell me what is going on I went into some pre term labor now they have me on meds to stop the labor 21 wks along what is going on?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, this isn't too much information, but more than likely, you're in danger of going into labor or you're in the very early stages of labor and trying to stop it.
    Your doctor should be telling you what's going on. You're entitled to know.
    I would suggest asking the doctor what the hell is going on. Are you on bedrest? Hospital bed rest? How are they stopping the labor...?
    I went into labor at 21 weeks, and it was chaos. I was admitted, careflighted, etc etc.

Best of wishes to you. I know you're anon, but if you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me. :] Good luck.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You definitely have a right to know and if the Dr. won't tell you I'd find another. Good luck!
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• -there really isn't enough info here for us to tell what's going on. definitely call and ask the dr any questions you can think of. GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i went in labor at 20weeks and i had my baby 3 months early so theyll just put u on hospital bed rest until ur water breaks and if its still early the will try to hold of as much as they can my water broke 3 weeks before i had my baby she is 3 weeks now smallest baby i have ever seen she was dead when she was born but they got her back that could happen to if u have ur baby early and the baby will stay in nicu and will have ups and downs.. they get worse before they get better my baby was fine for a week then she relasped she stopped breathing and had to be brought back now shes doing good my daughter is almost 1month old and ive only held her 3 times so it is hard when they are early and small and i just hope u get into a good hospital if u have her early... (((((((i know its hard to think about but u do need to think about if ur baby cant breath with out a machine ever if u just keep the baby on it or let the baby go or
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• if the baby is a veggy and needs a breathing machine for the rest of its life if u let him/her suffer or pull the plug and if it happens if ur gonna creammate or burry normal and if the say ur better off pulling the plug could u do it))) yeah i know this is stuff u dont wanna hear or think about but if ur early early the hospital will ask u this shit trust me i just had to go through it myself......nothing u want to think or even talk about but they earlier babies are less chance of living but it can turn out for the better just pray and be strong good luck
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• What's going on is pre term labor. Your cervix is getting ready for the baby to be delivered. it is softeneing up so it can dialate and let the baby pass. Obviously it is too soon for this to happen. You may have what they call incompetent cervix. But I am NOT a doctor nor do I know your history. Call your OB and he will tell you for sure what is happening. Don't blame him for "acting" concerned and not saying anything just yet. I'm sure he wants to be positive as to what is going on before he gets you worried. He may need to do some more tests and what not. You know make a definite diagnosis so you can go over treatment options. Try to relax and let them do their job.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:27 AM on Jul. 15, 2010