Whats the best way to potty train a two year old girl?

She is so ready and sometimes goes but only if I put her on the toilet. Then sometimes she pees then 5 minutes later does the other in her diaper, pullup or panties...What do I do?

Mrs.Wilkerson

Asked by Mrs.Wilkerson at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stickers and maybe explaining in detail where you want her BMs to go? I've seen times where the kids kept going BM in their pants because they thought that's where it was supposed to go-

Anonymous

• Don't know if its the "best" way but it is my way,lol...
    Try a few cute potty time videos for girls and get a picture book to go along with it. Have her sit on the potty in front of the tv once a day watching the show. There is a really good one tha tI liked a lot called "Potty Time"...it talks about what comes out of each "hole",lol..its really cute and keeps the kids locked to the tv.
    Take her shopping for her new panties..let her pick out the characters.
    And just go with the flow is what I have done with my son and now working on my daughter.
    On the advice of some other moms from on here (thankyou) I am going to be buying some padded panties this weekend for her and see how that goes.

Sticker charts and little rewards never hurt!
    Good Luck...and enjoy the experience of making memories! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I'd make sure she was ready and then let her wear underwear during the day and a diaper and then a pull up at night. When my son was 2 1/2 he was all trained and then his sister was born and he regressed for awhile.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010