how do you handle kids fighting?

my child is 4 and is ALWAYS with her cousins they are 7 year old twins she will be doing something like counting stuff they will both walk up right beside her and go 5, 2, 7, 12 to mess her up she will hit them then they hit her back (thier mom told them she don't care how old someone is if someone hurts you hurt them back) they do stuff like this daily they kept following her around the house going slinky slinky only for boys and she would scream at them to stop but they follow her saying this over and over. The thing is I live with my mom and she babysits them everyday she will not say anything about them doing it she will just tell my child well they can have there own opinion if they want to OMG i know my child shouldnt yell and scream when they do this or hit them but its soooo annoying to me and I have talked with her all she says well you need to talk to her about not hitting them she never punishes them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• she's four so hitting is a reaction to her frustration. are you home when this happens maybe you need to go off somewhere just the two of you while they are there. or maybe she can go to her room, they shouldn't be-able to bother her in HER own space. if they do now you have more grounds to say your kids are deliberately trying to make her mad and that is bulling.banging head into wall

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010