how to handle kids fighting?

my child is 4 and is ALWAYS with her cousins they are 7 year old twins she will be doing something like counting stuff they will both walk up right beside her and go 5, 2, 7, 12 to mess her up she will hit them then they hit her back (thier mom told them she don't care how old someone is if someone hurts you hurt them back) they do stuff like this daily they kept following her around the house going slinky slinky only for boys and she would scream at them to stop but they follow her saying this over and over. The thing is I live with my mom and she babysits them everyday she will not say anything about them doing it she will just tell my child well they can have there own opinion if they want to OMG i know my child shouldnt yell and scream when they do this or hit them but its soooo annoying to me and I have talked with her all she says well you need to talk to her about not hitting them she never punishes them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Kids are gonna fight, mostly it seems over stupid stuff. I buy punching bags, boxing gloves and let em duke it out!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• wow i would confront the little monsters myself. i would tell them that if they dont stop i will personally kick their 7 yr old asses
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I got tired of my boys fighting and last night I just had it! My 2 year old push the 1 year old into the wall. they do stuff to egg each other on and they know what bugs the other. Anyways I grabbed them last night sat down with them and told them we do not hit, we do not scream. You too need to behave and stop fighting. It work I think but only time will tell they have been fight free today we will see tonight.

Since there older I would sit down with them and let them know that it is not ok to egg someone on. Just let your daughter know that next time they bug her to come and get you and they can all have a time out.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I know that children fight but I spent all my childhood fighting and when you are always fighting it isn't good and it is like you have to stick up for yourself cause no one else would.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2010