How do you handle a comment like...

It will be fine and everything will be ok... When sometimes you just dont agree and want to sink into a deep depression
My daughter had a doc visit and they told me she has a mild heart murmur :( it is not serious but I cant help but wish it was me who had this and not my lil baby natalie *crying*and Im a little sad :(

starestrada

Asked by starestrada at 6:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• hugsEverything will be fine and okay,ma! :) My son has a heart murmur too...He acts no different than any other child...doesnt even seem to affect him, really..you'd never even know. Doctor said it will probably go away on its own as he gets older,he's 10 now. His father also had one...gone now. My sister was born with one..shes 25 now...has never affected her either. Don't cry, everything will be okay.

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 6:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My bro had a murmur ( it went away when he was 16, children sometimes grow out of it) . The doctor said the same thing to us and he was fine. I think as mothers we hear a term that sounds scary and we don't think it will be ok. If it is mild it could be that she was sick or had congestion while they checked her heart and that is what caused the extra rythim ( spelled wrong sorry) ........ I don't know what to say to make you feel better but I pray that you will be able to stay away from depression.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My friends little brother has a heart murmer, and he is just fine. Keep her as healthy as possible, feed her right and get her to excersize to make that heart stronger, and she will be perfect =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 6:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• that is what they say to make you feel like it is going to be okay
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 6:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I was told when my dd was around 1 yo that when she was sick and had a fever she too, had a heart murmur. She is now 17 yo and I was never told that again. Also my father lived to be 85 with his murmur. So, even though it is sad and you may feel scared, it is something that she can live a long and happy healthy life with. Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• When you get a comment like that, its like they really are not connecting with you about what you are feeling. That it is brushed away. What you want and need is some one to understand what you are going through, how painful it feels that one of your baby's is not well, how scary it must feel for you. I wish you luck
    Anne-Marie457

Answer by Anne-Marie457 at 6:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Cause she is going to be fine and live a great life~ be thankful actually.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I have had a heart murmur my whole life. One of my brothers too. Keep smiling.
    Anonymous

• I have a murmur - wasn't diagnosed until i was 12 and went in with panic attacks. I'm 25 now, and still healty as a horse... minus being overweight, that is - but that has nothing to do with the murmur. :)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2010