Question about Prozac/anti depressants

I was on Prozac for 3 months and then was not able to make my appt to get refills. I've been on the med for a little over a month now (took my last one June 7th last month) and I finally have my refills. How long should I expect it to take to start working again? I know when I first started the med, Dr said I'd see a change within a few days, full results in 2 weeks. But have I been off of it long enough that it's completely out of my system? Will the "full results within 2 weeks" still apply? I'm having terrible migraines and other symptoms from being off of the med, and I'm really anxious to back to my normal self again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Health

• Prozac has a longer half life then some of the other SSRI's. I think it might take a month or so to fully leave your system. It also depends on how your body metabolizes the drug. you must likely would not still be having the headaches if you were fully weaned off of the drug, so it's probably still in your system. It'll probably take less then the full two weeks to see full results.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010