Are Pentecostal and Assembly of God the same thing?

What are the basic beliefs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say yes that they are...they believe in accepting Jesus as your personal savior. They believe in speaking in the holy spirit...speaking in tongues.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I meant to say....They believe in the holy spirit...speaking in tongues.....my ten year old was talking to me....
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 6:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes. Along with most of the fundamentalist beliefs. They are excessively legalistic though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes, to a degree. AG is an organization so those churches have organizational rules to follow. Pentecostal is not an organization (less politics) but there are many different brances of Pentecostal that make it hard to compare to other religions.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The two churches have many of the same beliefs as far as the baptism of the Holy Ghost and Divine Healing. Now as far as some other things, apostolic Pentecostals are stricter(no jewelry, makeup, skirts). I personally think that if you want to know the answers about the belief system check out the website for the Assembly of God church www.ag.org
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 1:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010