To those not wanting to force a certain religion on your child...

what will you do if on their own your child decides it wants to become a Christian? Is it true you will then support them?

I am so sick and tired of hearing how "every" Christian shoves their beliefs down everyone's throats. It may be true that some do but all? When you say that I take you less seriously.

I find that there is a true hatred towards this "religion" on this site and I just don't believe many of you would be okay (that say you would with whatever you kids believe) if your kids chose Christianity.

Am I wrong?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 6:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• if any child of mine chose Christianity I wouldn't like it, but it would be their choice. My guess they'd get their fill of it in a matter of time anyway.
    Anonymous

• I don't care on what my kids do or beleive in as long as it's legal and as long as they are Happy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I dont care what my kids will choose to do, if they want to be Christian or Jewish of Buddhist or if they want to bow down to the XBOX, I'll support them, they are my kids. I personally believe that religion makes more room for prejudice and is the cause of many wars. I'm not a believer of anything, I dont question why we are here, we just are, and I dont care what happens after I die, I will be dead. I will tell my kids my opinion, but I wont force it on them. They can do what they want
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• personally, i think theres more christians and pagans on this site then there are people who are hateful towards religion.
    i know that not all christians shove there religion down peoples throats, but ALOT of them do & unfortunatley when you claim the same religion as these other people, they give you a bad name too. i've had christians come up to me in the supermarket, at the mall, standing out side protesting etc.etc. & it gets really annoying, especially when theyre telling you that your going to go to hell if you dont do what they say - and so wether you say it to me or not, i know your thinking it which can piss me off.
    if my kid wanted to be christian, i would still love them just the same. would i be "okay" with it? not exactly. i wouldnt be mad at them, but we would probably get into some pretty heated debates quite often.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I support my kids on everything and anything they wish to do, as long as it is legal and doesn't hurt anyone. I have no hatred in my heart for anything or anyone, so to answer that part of your question, with me you are wrong.

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• if they want to bow down to the XBOX, I'll support them, they are my kids.
    I just found my kids' and husbands new religion. Thank you.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i could really care less if it were christianity, although i wouldn't believe he would do it without the intervention of someone else telling him to. i would support it and i loved going to church when i was little and naive. i also loved church camp and i think he should go when he's old enough.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Support them, no. Not interfere with their decision, yes.

I refuse to support something I disagree with, but I agree to disagree.

As for christians shoving their beliefs down someones throat. That is what your gospel tells you to do. In fact, not to spread the word is against your religion... One of my fundamental issues with christianity (though there are many).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Of course. And it certainly isn't true that "EVERY" Christian shoves their beliefs down the throats of others. It's just that those who do are most vocal on the internet. And certainly not all of them are trying to shove their beliefs on others they just articulate themselves poorly in writing. I mean it's hard enough without being able to hear voice tone or read body language add in poor word choice and it all goes downhill from there.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I hope DS is educate enough to see religion as an oppressive institution. But if he chooses it....I'll go to his wedding, confirmation, etc
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010