favorite chicken dish?

surfcitymom

Asked by surfcitymom at 7:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• baked chicken breast topped with blue cheese (or feta) and diced green peppers. something i came up with, soooo good!! top your frozen/thawed chicken breast with olive oil (or oil of your choice) spice it to your likings (i usually use garlic & onion powder, chicken seasoning, and a TINY bit of red pepper just for a little kick) put your blue/feta cheese on top as well as the green pepper ( i mix it in a bowl together for equal amounts) and bake it as instructed. It's really yummy!
    Chances_Mommy08

Answer by Chances_Mommy08 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• chicken nachos I smother them in sauteed onions and mushrooms.  YUMMY

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Chicken Cordon Bleu

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Cordon-Bleu-II/Detail.aspx
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Italian Chicken (dredged in sour cream, mustard and spices and rolled in panko) topped with melted butter and Parm Cheese.
    I also love Chicken Piccata.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Brazilian Chicken Recipe
    Ingredients:
    1 lemon
    1 lime
    1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
    1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
    1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
    1 teaspoon hot pepper salsa
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    3/4 cup chunky salsa
    Directions:
    1. Grate the zest of the lemon and lime into a resealable bag.

2. Squeeze the juice from both fruits into the bag and throw out the pulp and the seeds.

3. Mix in everything else except the chicken and chunky salsa.

4. Drop in the chicken, reseal the bag, and refrigerate for a few hours.

5. Grill the chicken, turning and basting with marinade a few times, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink.

6. Serve with salsa and fluffy white rice. Makes 4 servings.

MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Either Salsa Chicken or Chicken Taco Soup  both are in the crock-pot which is something my family would starve without

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• In the summer I love grilled chicken breast - marinate over night (or longer) in plain old bottled Italian dressing and then grill. In the winter my favorite is roast chicken - a whole chicken rinsed and seasoned with season salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Roast in a 325 oven for about 2 1/2 hours - it's wonderful with mashed potatoes and gravy. Ummm
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My MIL's tastes better than mine, even though I follow her directions. It is not for health-nuts, it's comfort food, lol! In an oven-safe 9x13, mix equal amounts cream soup (I prefer cream of celery), milk, and instant rice. Put a layer of chicken on top (canned, rotisserie, roasted, boiled breasts, whatever you like - as long as it's pre-cooked), then layer on a 2lb bag of frozen California mix veggies. Top with a layer of cheese (shredded cheddar is best, slices work, or you can skip the cheese). Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1-2 hours (depending on the amount of rice). I check after an hour and go from there.

I love cooking whole chickens in my cast iron dutch oven over a campfire too - that and my oven roasted chicken are my favorites for "plain" chicken.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my absolute fave: lightly brown boneless skinless chicken breasts in a bit of evoo along with sliced mushrooms and diced onion.When chicken is lightly brown remove from pan and add chopped artichoke hearts.When browned add chicken broth and some dry sherry bring to a boil add a slurry of evoo and flour mixed with hot broth till the slurry thickens add to the large skillet and mix till it all thickens.Put chicken breasts in a 13x9 inch pan pour sauce over cook in oven 325 for 30 to 45 minutes.Sooo tender serve with rice pilaf or pasta and asparagus or broccoli .Sounds hard but really not .This is my fave and often a special request meal.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 9:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010