Are you glad that your kids are going back to school soon?

quiter house, less mess etc... or would you miss them so very much?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in

• I like the easiness of summer...but wow, I need to get the floors twice as much with them home~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I will miss them but the summer off is too long at once. They need to be challenged more and get back into more of a structured routine or maybe I'm the one who needs all of this to make my day function a little easier.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i know!!! right? I love having them around but during the first week was the hardest. I used to be so relaxed and then when they are home all the time, I had to clean and vacuum every other day! But these days, I've gotten used to the daily grind. Love having them around although sometimes I could use some quiet time and I found a way to take care of that. I play some music, read some magazines or anything that relaxes me. They sure love boogie boarding and swimming so there's loads upon loads of laundry these days too! Oh and not to mention batches upon batches of cooking! I do enjoy having them around these days and would terribly miss them once school starts again.
    LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I haven't had a moment to myself since May 17. I dearly love my kids, but I think I am leaning towards them going back to school. I want my sanity back. I am a little tired of the 'I'm bored, I'm hungry, What's there to do? Mom, he's breathing my air!" I know I'll miss them when they go back - but somehow, I think I'll manage. Yeah - I'm looking forward to school starting. Love them though.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I cant wait! They are so bored being at home with me being preoccupied with the new baby. With them at school i can keep the house cleaner and bond with the baby better plus they will be at the place they love. im counting the days!
    renniemom3

Answer by renniemom3 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• LOL!!! Mom he's breathing my air!  hahahaha!  Tell me about it!  Same here!  I always bring them out and these days, they gave up. Whenever I ask, do you girls want to go to the playground? They'd say nah...I'd like to stay home.  They pretty much preoccupy themselves with stuffs.  I do make sure to birng them out at least three times a week.  That means more expenses so I had to cook  at home most of the time and I don't eat out anymore just to compensate for all these expenses.  Once they are in school, I can start trying to find ways to earn again for their next vacation!  Story of our lives...

LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• They're eating me out of house and home as well. The milk they drink in a week - I don't think even Bessie could keep up! The more I think about it the more I think they need to go....How many more days until August 17?
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 8:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I can't wait! This full-day child care cost is KILLING ME. Summer fun is just about over; its time for some structure; no more running free & wild lol
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes I am Thank you for asking but then that means I have to go back to work too since I work at the school. But I get just a few more weeks off then my dd does as she is yr round and I am not she starts school on July 23rd. I agree the breaks are too long but they are cutting out our yr round program this will be the last yr here. So sad I think they miss out on a lot of learning when they have such a long break they don't retain the information
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yes,,, i will be glad when school goes back in. i haven't had a moment to myself since May 21st. i would enjoy the silcence while he's in school.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2010

Next question in
What is your degree in

Next question overall (General Parenting)
How RUDE!