How do I cook raw asaparagus?

I'm looking for any ideas, but possibly an idea that would include onions??

Sharde88

Asked by Sharde88 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You could steam it with the onions, or fry it in a frying pan with some small onions. Either would taste great.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 7:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• BBQ it in foil, bake it, sate it... add a little salt and pepper maybe a little olive oil so it doesn't stick... My grandma like to bake it in small bunches wrapped in bacon.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 7:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I fix Roasted Asparagus all the time. I love it! You just rinse it off and lay it in a baking dish. Sprinkle it with pepper and drizzle olive oil over it. Then sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over that and bake it at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes. LOVE THIS!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It is absolutely delicious roasted in the oven. Snap off the bottoms, drizzle with olive oil, salt and garlic powder, put on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I use a veggie peeler to take off the end skins
    leave them long and par boil in a glass 13x8 in the micro (done it on low on the stove top too) cooking until soft but still bright green
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I roast mine in a 400 degree over for 20 minutes. Cut the tough ends off, coat in olive oil, sprinkle on some salt, and roast away.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Poach it in orange juice with onions and mushrooms.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i bend the stalk and wherever it breaks naturally is the division between tender (the top) and stringy (the bottom). sometimes just the very bottom is stringy, but sometimes it's halfway through lol. you can cut them up and saute them with the onions in a little bit of butter and then salt and pepper. but usually i just steam them in a pan with a little bit of water. love it!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Remember to snap off the bottoms about two inches worth or so, they will never soften so it is best to take it off. You can make soup with them with onions, and veggie broth, after they are soft blend it in the blender until smooth and thicken it with whipped cream cheese, the soup is awesome, and also don't forget the condiments, salt, pepper and oregano.

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Slow boil it in water and soy sauce til al dente (crisp but tender) and serve with sauteed onions and mushrooms.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010