How many of you?

Have had successful relationships after infidelity?

Asked by older at 7:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Well..NOT with the same man..he is now better know as the ex husband,lol.
    BUT...after a few years of healing and learning to love myself and how to trust again..I met a wonderful man that I have been with for several years, we are rasising a family and I have complete trust for him and in him (although theres a time or two I'd like to chase him outside and beat him with a spatula,lol)
    So, yes..I've had a successful relationship AFTER infidelity just not with the one that was the cheater :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• nope. repeated promises broken.

My personal issue is the increased risk of introducing something viral... not so much the act, or the emotional affect, I have long sense removed myself from that. Just don't want to DIE because he couldn't tell me he was interested in someone else, be a man, and end it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I've never been in a relationship where one of us cheated so can't really answer this.
    My dad cheated on my mom more than once. I believe once a cheater always a cheater...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• The only relationship I was in where the guy cheated, I left. We weren't married and didn't have kids or anything, so bye bye ass!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I am currently going through a divorce because of his infidelities. It was a deal breaker for me.
    Some people can get past it and move forward, I couldn't. Once the trust is gone, what is there?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I left my dd's dad 3 weeks after she was born b/c i found out he had been cheating on me the whole time i was pregnant- i never looked back- i was divorced in 30 days; i lived in Georgia- i don't know about now but, in 86' that's all it took- i am so glad i had enough courage to leave him b/c he is so much worse now with his girlfriend & drugs- i was only 18 & scared to death!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Glad to see women standing up for themselves and reaching out for something better, infidelity is such a betrayal that no one should have to endure.

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I guess the question is, OP, do YOU think you're relationship can withstand infidelity?
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No way!! and I feel very strong about this, this would be the deal breaker for me, but I do see women forgiving and then living the life of miserable mistrust. If there is no trust, there is no relationship.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• No!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2010