Has anyone ever felt like....

you just have no more to give to someone? I don't think there's much more of me to give....mentally, emotionally....tell me about it? I just want to identify with someone who has ever felt the same. What was the outcome or the result of being so drained?

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, I felt that way for about 3 years.
    It finally came to a head and we split up. I was tired of feeling taken advantage of and taken for granted. I was tired of being the only one who seemed to give a crap. I was tired of not being treated with respect and being loved the way I deserve to be loved.
    He wasn't willing to put in any effort and I was sick of feeling like I wasn't worth the bother.
    So now we're getting a divorce.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't have nothing more to give too.
    it's like i'm so young but i suffer from everything, i can't give much more of me to myselg either.
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 7:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• A few years ago I felt like I was pulling the entire load of the relationship and I just got tired of it and told SO that I was done. I said if he wanted this to work he had to be a man and pick up the wagon and pull it bc I wasn't doing it anymore. It was amazing, yet shocking. I thought he'd hit the door but he took over and it's been like a whole new relationship. Giving up can be a good thing. Now tell him to take over.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I felt that way and thats why I started to figure out what I wanted and when you think about it you know what want and what you need. Sit down and think about what you want write it down and go for it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Going for what you want and having some goals can regenerate and help replenish your soul.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used to feel that way. I really was drained and felt like I had nothing left inside of me to even think about giving. Things changed though and I started to get some life back in me. Not much is there now, but at least it's something to live on. It's still a wait and see process.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yes that's how I was feeling before I decided to divorce my ex. I felt like I had given all I could give. When he lied to my face a few weeks later about something I just realized that he was not going to change, he'd always lie to me, and I knew it was time to leave. I knew I had given my all to the relationship, and could one day look our daughter in the eye and truthfully say that I did everything I could to keep our family together, but that it was just not meant to be.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2010