Showering with your child.

If you take the occasional shower with your child (like if youre in a hurry). what age was your child the first time you showered with them? i hardly have time to shower myself and wondered when the appropriate age would be to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• if the child can stand up in the shower, go for it.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't but my husband showered with DS a few times when we didn't have a tub. DS was about 7 months - but I'm sure you could shower with them as soon as their umbilical cord falls off.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• probably 15 or 16 months old
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I used to shower with my son all of the time, so did his dad. His dad still does once in a while but I don't anymore. We started as soon as he could stand. I stopped when he was about 3. Not for any specific reason, it just wasn't necessary anymore.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I took baths with my babies when they were little, then showered with them when they were able to stand without slipping.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My husband and I took "family" showers with our daughter since she was a baby. It was too hard for me to wash her in the sink and so much easier just in the shower. She is almost 4 now and still showers with us occassionally. Not as often with hubby as with me.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Yeah, as soon as your child can stand in the shower and handle the water coming down. My daughter just turned 2 and occasionally she takes showers with me...it's not her favorite thing to do though....she's partial to baths!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Showers I wait till the baby's not a weeble wobble anymore, but heck, if your looking to get clean, hop in the bath tub with the little tyke.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• We showered with DS before he was a year because we didn't have a tub and he had outgrown the oversized sink. I think he was about 8 months old. We'd sit in the shower with him while getting him clean.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My DD was 3. She refused to get into the shower any earlier.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2010