How long should I bleed after having the baby?

I had my baby on the 3rd, and I'm barely bleeding. I've only passed one clot, and when I do bleed it's looks like watered downed red kool-aid. I'm breastfeeding.. would that have something to do with it? Should I call the dr?

MayBaby0507

Asked by MayBaby0507 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• did you have the baby vaginal or c-section? after my first c-section i didn't bleed and the dr. said that was not good, but i'm talking about nothing at all. after the other two i bled like a period for a few days, then the watered down blood went off and on for like a month i think (but mine was brown and not red). i ruined alot of pants with that lol. i would say you're ok bc it has been a couple of weeks since you've given birth
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• My first, 6 weeks, the others, 2-3 weeks.
    popsgurl

Answer by popsgurl at 8:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Some women just don't bleed as much. If you are still concerned at your 6 week checkup, bring it up with your ob/gyn.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• It's my second child, and she was delivered vaginally. With my first I know I bled pretty heavily for atleast a good two weeks. When I was in the hospital, I asked the nurse if it was normal for my to not be bleeding that heavy and not passing clots. I passed a lot of clots with my first child.
    MayBaby0507

Comment by MayBaby0507 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I did for about 3 weeks but, still haven't had AF and 8 month PP!!! Yippie!
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• You can bleed anymore from one to six weeks.
    I'm not sure about the way you bleed though. Maybe give your OB a call and ask to make sure.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I bled for a long time after my 1st and 2nd, but hardly at all after my 3rd and 4th. I had my 5th baby on the 9th and my flow is already really light.

Answer by missanc at 9:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2010