Is my husband the only one who waits until I say something before he chooses to discipline?

Seriously, am I the only one who has this issue? Right now, my husband is in the living room with our son (and our daughter, but she's way too young for any sort of discipline). Our daughter is sleeping on the couch, and our son was diving onto the other one. I figured since my husband was in there, he could say "Don't do that"....you know, since he's Dad and all...but he doesn't say a thing until I say "Stop jumping on the couch." After that, he brings out the discipline.

Am I the only one that's supposed to discipline? I seriously doubt it, but it certainly feels that way.

makelineerror

Asked by makelineerror at 7:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• No mine has never disciplined so I blame it on him when they misbehave because they know he isn't going to do anything. I hate being the one to do it all the time.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• you are not alone...mine waits for me to give him a cue..or should i say clue...first,most of the time.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I hear you there. It is a guy thing I suppose. Hubby doesn't really discipline either so I always feel like the nagging B. Daughter knows this and walks all over dad. he doesn't seem to see it or seem to care. I feel like I should be able to get me time and not have to worry about if daughter is ruining my furniture or eating too many sweets. If I was going to do this on my own then why did I get married???
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 8:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Glad to know I'm not the only one...well...glad isn't really the right word.

Oh, and his discipline? It's repeat "Do X again, and Y will happen" until I either come over and do what he's been threatening, or our son loses interest in whatever he was doing.
    makelineerror

Comment by makelineerror (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• my husband is the same way OP... he only opens his mouth if they say or do something he doesnt like. he opens his mouth when i start nagging like a total B and says things like " i can never relax between all you females" well do something. He lets our kids do whatever too. everything they do bother me and not him. I dont like the things they do and act and he doesnt care at all.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 8:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• This made me smile .. I'm not alone!
    My husband rarely takes initiative, but more often then most it's me who is the first to do something.
    It's frustrating.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2010