has any of you cafe moms have any advice i just had a c section a week ago

my stomach has access fat and still hurts when will the pain stop it hurtswhen i sit and when i stand its like gravity is pulling my fat down but my stomache muscles r trying to hold it up, my 4 previous births were vaginal and they wer an easy recovery but not like this this is so painful how do i recover i need ur advice

ms.busybody5

Asked by ms.busybody5 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you older? I do know that it's harder to recover as you get older. I had two c-sections, one at 19 and one at 23. The one at 23 was much harder to recover from, but I don't remember having that kind of issues. I would definitely contact your Dr.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I found after the staples were out that if I wore a pair of panties that had a 'powernet" in front it helped a lot. Not a girdle...and nothing too tight just snug for support. I think I bought one size up from my regular size so it wouldn't be too tight.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• thats how i felt it took 4 wees for me to feel almost better but i still wasent 100% better! dont life anying more hevy than your baby!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• sorry to tell you but my c-section took a whole year before all the pain went away. I'll never understand why people have one electively. The support panties sound like a good idea.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• did you get staples or stitches? and i agree with grneyedgrandma.... you need to wear a support if you have that much extra skin. you don't want it to be pulling on the incision site..... that is why it is hurting. also, keep taking your pain meds. if it is hurting you alot. and keep it clean! i have had 3 c-sections and the first one definitely was the worst to recover from!

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• More time! I had a c-section last Friday and still feel pretty much like you do. My first 3 were vaginal births, but my 4th was a c-section as was this one (my 5th). You had major surgery! It's going to take a few weeks. Make sure you aren't doing too much - the best thing you can do for your body is rest (I know - hard to do with 5 little ones!!), but take ANY offers of help. Mine was planned so I have 2 of mine at overnight camp this week, 1 at daycamp, and my husband is home to help me with the youngest 2; but having a previous C I knew what to expect. (and my first vaginal birth was much more traumatic than my previous C, so my recovery from my C didn't seem so bad)
    Just rest and give it time. If you have a belly band that will help also. Also - use the pain meds, if any, that they sent home from the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 9:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010