my daughter is 1 yrs old and on sunday devoloped little red dots and several hrs later they were gone monday she developed a fever tue she cried all morn with a fever and several hrs after not crying her eyes are still really swollen what could this be?

my duaghter has been sick and she cried all morning well she stopped crying around 5pm and at 10pm her eyes are still really swollen what could be the problem anyone have any ideas?

trish_98248

Asked by trish_98248 at 1:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Kids' Health

• To me it sounds like she is allergic to something. It would be best to take her to a doctor though.
    Hope she is better soon!
    mom2angelz

Answer by mom2angelz at 2:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm trying to think of a virus that causes that, might be called roseola? If it is it's just a 24 hour bug that everyone gets usually when they are babies. If she's not better by tomorrow I would take her to her doctor. Especially if her fever is at or above 102 degrees. Any fever over 102 is indicative of infection.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:51 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• this could be what they call chicken pox u should take your child to the doctor and check it out if u havent all ready
    TracesMom82

Answer by TracesMom82 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am really thinking it sounds like an allergic reaction. At least call the doctor. Most offices will have a nurse or a doctor contact you back if they aren't available right when you call. They could tell ou better and I am certain it would ease your mind if you had her checked out.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's not chicken pox! There are many viruses that cause a rash to develope. It usually shows up on the torso and does not itch or cause pain at all. It just looks like little tiny red dots all over. The child doesn't really even notice it's there. If it is an allergic reaction the skin will be red and blotchy and itchy. This viral rash usually only lasts a couple of days and goes away on it's own.
    twinsmom1107

Answer by twinsmom1107 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 4, 2008