why do i always burn bacon??!!??!! lol

i cook it at 325.i check on it every 5 minutes, i flip it, i turn it, everything...it will be raw..and then all of a sudden its BURNT!!! aaaaah!!!!!!

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Hmmm, not sure lol. I've never tried it in the oven, I've always cooked it in a pan on the stove.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Try cooking it in a skillet on the stovetop, thats what I do. That way you can watch it the whole time.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• i cook mine in the oven at 350 for about 25 minutes and turn it once.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 8:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• hun i have a great tip for you. get the oscar meyer pre-cooked bacon. just 45 seconds in the microwave on a paper towel and it always comes out perfect with no mess. i love it! and it's 100% real bacon..... it's nothing fake
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• well you should try cooking it on the stove....much easier. I also burn it if I make it in the oven
    HisMommy606

Answer by HisMommy606 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I cook mine on a stovetop skillet over Medium/High heat. It only takes a few minutes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• whe n cooking bacon on the stove it's a good idea to make sure it's totally defrosted and you are cooking it on a medium flame. If it starts spitting grease out of the pan you have the flame too high. When you pick out bacon in the supermarket its a good idea to find packages that don't have a lot of fat showing through the package. It cooks better if you start with a package with less fat. You need to keep an eye on bacon when it's almost done, because it only takes a couple of minutes for it to go from nicely browned bacon to burnt.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Keep the heat low...it will cook
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• Cooking it in the oven seems to make it cook down too much, the bacon seems dry and crumbly IMO. Try it on the stove top over mediium heat, turn it as soon as it starts to color a bit. Press it down with a fork so that it will cook evenly and not curl up. Keep turning it and pressing it several times during cooking until it is cooked to your liking. Drain and blot with paper towels.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I always use my electric griddle and stay by it when it is almost done. Everytime I tried on the stove top, it burns at the last minute... My friend does it in the oven on the large bar baking stone, but I haven't tried it that way yet.
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 6:12 AM on Jul. 15, 2010